A month ago I posted some advice and tips on what to look for that isn’t working in your plan to lose weight. This time I want to focus on your attitude and your thinking.
In addition to doing the right things, I want to you take a look at what’s rolling around in your head.
- Are you convinced that this is a quick fix and that you just have to grin and bear it while you reach your weight loss goal then celebrate the smaller you with a celebratory meal? If you’re just focusing on fast results and aren’t focusing on your overall health and wellbeing maybe it’s a bigger let down when the scale doesn’t move fast enough. I’d like to suggest that you focus on a plan that will sustain rather than hinder your health. Is this something you could do for the rest of your life? When you are eating a clean, nutritarian diet you’re getting so much more out of it than just weight loss. Your health will improve, your weight will drop and you’ll feel great too.
- Do you trust your body? I know that sounds odd, but are you fighting your body every step of the way? Are you mad at your body for betraying you and are you pushing it too hard? How about you promise to provide your body with the healthy food and movement it needs and trust that your body will turn on it’s natural healing ability and shed the unnecessary fat?
- Are you competing against someone or doing this to prove something to someone? That is a negative mindset and I’m not convinced it will give you the boost you need to remain consistent and in the right frame of mind when faced with a challenge. Why are you doing this? Make a list of the positives reasons why you are doing this and post it in a visible area. Refer to it so you can remind yourself.
- Are you putting yourself first? Are you feeling guilty about taking the extra time for yourself to step away from your family or duties to exercise and plan your meals? Are your workouts happening haphazardly when you find the time or are you making time for them?
- Where is your support system? Are your friends and family available for you to talk to? Do you have a workout buddy that you can check in with each day or week to keep each other on track? Is your family bringing food into the house that sabotages your efforts?
- Do you love yourself? Don’t wait until you’re smaller or firmer to love yourself. You need to love yourself now before you are able to take good care of yourself. Do you get that? How can you become healthier and better if you hate yourself. What kind of care will you provide for yourself if you can’t embrace where you are now? OWN IT. Don’t hate yourself. Forgive yourself for your past mistakes and for whatever shape you’re in now and move forward.
- Do you think losing weight is hard and near impossible? If you believe it you will receive it. Why not do some work on changing that mindset? Look at the overall downward trend and the progress rather than the weekly number.
That’s it. I’m sure there are a lot more things that float through your mind and make this process seem so much harder but I’d like you to examine where your head is in this game and tweaking some of the negative thoughts that pop into your head.
This is a journey and you’ll get there one step at a time. Enjoy the journey and see it as a way to love yourself and let the magic happen.
I’d love to know what is on your mind. Send me a message!!