For real? A healthy chocolate dip?…YEP! And it tastes fantastic. No one needs to know it’s actually healthy.
I wish I could say I invented this but I didn’t. I am thrilled to be sharing it with you though! It came from Dr. Fuhrman’s website and as a member I get access to awesome recipes, support and information.
I made this tasty dip to serve with fruit after our Easter lunch and it was aaaaamazing!! The original recipe calls for almond or almond butter but I used cashew butter and it was great. The best thing about this is that you can follow a plant-based, unprocessed diet and still enjoy something that your friends will think looks and tastes normal 🙂 This is also friendly for people on vegan or raw food diets too.
- ⅔ cup raw cashew butter
- 1 cup almond milk (make your own, it's easy...instructions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Dr. Fuhrman's Cocoa Powder or other natural cocoa powder, not Dutch processed (I used two)
- ⅔ cup dates, pitted (next time I'll use only half a cup)
- Blend the ingredients in the Vitamix until smooth and creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
- Use as a dipping sauce for fresh strawberries and fruit slices.
Use as a dipping sauce for fresh strawberries and fruit slices.
Now obviously this isn’t something you’d be eating every day because it is nutrient dense but it’s a tasty treat when you’re craving something special and chocolate!!
Try it out and let me know if you liked it.