Mmmmm I love this cheezy sauce and I’ve used it on kelp or zucchini noodles in the past. I decided to use it as a dressing for my raw kale salad and it was oh so tasty.
I washed and cut whole bunch of kale into bite sized pieces then drained it. I let it marinate in some lime juice and rubbed it in to soften the kale. After letting it sit like this for an hour I poured off any excess juices and tossed it with 2/3 of the sauce recipe.
I chopped up some tomato, added a can of corn and a can of black beans to the salad. It was awesome and tasted great up to two days later.
Nacho Cheeze Sauce
- 2 red peppers
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (soak in water at least 2 hours)
- ¼ cup raw cashew nuts (soak in water at least 2 hours)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo (or cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (or tahini)
- ½ juice lemon (or juice of one lime)
After you’ve soaked the nuts blend everything in the vitamix (blender) until smooth. Let sit for a bit to thicken