This recipe came to me thanks to my subscription to Dr. Fuhrman’s website. Every week you get nutritarian recipes delivered to you by e-mail. It’s a great way to try new and flavorful nutritarian recipes without having to look too hard. If you’re interested in signing up you also get a free newsletter. Check it out here. Just fill out your details at the top of the page.
- CASHEW DRESSING
- ¼ cup raw cashews or 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened soy, hemp or almond milk
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or raisins
- 1 head (about 6 cups) romaine lettuce
- 5 ounces (about 5 cups) organic baby spinach
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen strawberries, defrosted and sliced in half
- To make dressing, blend cashews or cashew butter with soy milk and apple in a high powered blender until smooth. Add the currants and blend well.
- Pile the lettuce and spinach leaves on a plate and lay the strawberries on top. Pour the juice from the strawberries over the greens.
- Drizzle dressing over the greens and berries.
Let me know if you try this or any other of the recipes I’ve posted. You can also join me on Facebook for updates and tips.