When I saw this recipe in my daily Dr. Fuhrman e-mail I knew I just *had* to try it. I did but one major problem–the mint or maybe because we use that mint to flavour a broth in a typical portuguese soup that I couldn’t get over the taste of the soup…even my son said it tasted like that soup.
If I make this again I might skip the mint altogether and try mint extract.
It also had a very dry desert like appearance on top but a wonderful smooth, creamy texture that reminded me of fudge.
It’s worth another try.
For this and many other great nutritarian recipes get yourself a membership to Dr. Fuhrman’s site. It’s a great forum for like-minded people to share ideas, encouragement and recipes.
2 cups cooked white beans or canned no-salt-added or low sodium white beans
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Combine the white beans, dates, almond butter and vanilla in a food processor or high powered blender.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
5. Pour into a very lightly oiled 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
6. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Cool completely before cutting into small squares.Store in a covered container in the refrigerator up to one week.Makes 16 squares