This recipe hits the spot for something warm, savoury and filling as the cooler fall days start approaching.
I love sharing nutritarian recipes because I firmly believe that to be successful you must try new recipes and develop an arsenal to stay on top of your game as a nutritarian.
|Nutritarian Recipe – Morroccan Chick Pea & Sweet Potato Stew||
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 zuchinni, diced
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1.5t garam masala
- 1/2t cayenne pepper
- 1/2t cumin
- 1/4t nutmeg
- 1/4t cinnamon
- 1/2t ginger powder
- Saute the onion with water until soft and light brown. Add garlic and sautee two minutes.
- Add the chick peas, pepper, carrots and sweet potatoes along with a cup of water. Saute until sweet potatoes are slightly tender. Add the rest of the veggies.
- Stir in the tomato paste, spices and two cups of water.
- Simmer until the potatoes and carrots are tender and the flavours are combined.