This recipe came to me thanks to my subscription to Dr. Fuhrman’s website. Every week you get nutritarian recipes delivered to you by e-mail. It’s a great way to try new and flavorful nutritarian recipes without having to look too hard. If you’re interested in signing up you also get a free newsletter. Check it out here. Just fill out your details at the top of the page.
|Mixed Greens and Strawberry Salad||
- CASHEW DRESSING
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soy, hemp or almond milk
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or raisins
- 1 head (about 6 cups) romaine lettuce
- 5 ounces (about 5 cups) organic baby spinach
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen strawberries, defrosted and sliced in half
- To make dressing, blend cashews or cashew butter with soy milk and apple in a high powered blender until smooth. Add the currants and blend well.
- Pile the lettuce and spinach leaves on a plate and lay the strawberries on top. Pour the juice from the strawberries over the greens.
- Drizzle dressing over the greens and berries.
I made double the salad and for the dressing I doubled everything except the cashews. It was so good! I also used fresh strawberries. My son added some blueberries to his salad and it was a great addition.
Let me know if you try this or any other of the recipes I’ve posted. You can also join me on Facebook for updates and tips.