Last week’s post was on planning however if you don’t have Dr. Fuhrman’s book “Eat to Live” or my free e-book then you might be wondering what you’re planning. This is the basis for the beginning plan for your nutritarian journey. It was via this plan that I lost 19lbs in my first 6 weeks.
Dr. Fuhrman’s plan starts off with a more focused six week plan to get you on track. Some people stay on it longer than that because they find they get the best results that way. This is also a wonderful way to detox too because it is so health supporting.
Here is a summary of the six week plan from Eat to Live by Dr. Fuhrman
UNLIIMTED (eat as much as you want):
- all raw vegetables, including raw carrots (aim for 1 lb. daily)
- cooked green vegetables (aim for 1 lb. daily)
- beans, legumes, bean sprouts, or tofu (minimum 1 cup daily in total of these) – focus on beans but tofu is ok once in a while
- fresh fruit (at least 4 daily)
- eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomato and other non-starchy vegetables, cooked and raw (unlimited)
LIMITED (not more than one serving):
- cooked starchy vegetables OR whole grains–Maximum 1 cup per day (butternut or acorn squash, corn, sweet potato, brown rice, cooked carrots, whole grain breads or cereals) – focus on whole foods and avoid breads or cereals as much as possible
- raw nuts and seeds (1 oz. or 28.5 grams a day) or 2 ounces avocado
- ground flaxseed (1 tablespoon a day)
- dairy products (if you must have a milk substitute, no more than one cup of plant based milks with no added sugar)
- animal products
- between meal snacks
- fruit juice, dried fruits
- salt, sugar
- processed oils or fats – no olive oil, coconut oil, margarine
If you are a slow loser or are overweight or obese you can cut out the nuts and the starchy/grain component but you MUST keep the 1Tbsp of flax in the daily allotment.
That’s the plan. Focus on eating all that every day and be amazed at the transformation that will take place inside and outside…oh yes, and you’ll lose weight too! If you’re not convinced, there’s lots more information here.
This is the basis of how I structure my eating and the information in my e-book is also based on this. Nutritarians gain health and wellness while their body shed excess weight and toxins in the process.
Are you ready to commit? Join me on Facebook for more ideas and inspiration.